Earth day: Sustainability is the future of the planet and humankind.
A few changes along the way will bring a great impact on the health of the planet. Be responsible! Take a stand for the Earth today. Be an ambassador of environmental change in your community and society at large.
The earth is overburdened with the needs and wants of humankind. We are rapidly depleting the Earth of its resources and slowly pushing it to the brink of human existential crisis. The destruction of Earth is to erase the trace of living things from the face of this planet. Our communities have realized this and are slowly trying to slow/stop this environmental damage. We are aware of what climate change is doing to our planet, the icebergs are melting rapidly. The earth will be underwater if the ice glaciers melt. Industrialization, modernization, and globalization have put a huge impact on the environment and we as responsible people should take a step and save this planet from impacts caused by human disregard.
There are small changes that we can bring in our daily lives to contribute to these sustainable development goals set by the UN. Being sustainable with our lifestyle can seem to be tedious but the end result of these small choices makes a massive impact on our environment. Here are a few changes to start your sustainable living journey.
Did you know fasting moving goods packaging results in one of the biggest chunks of plastic waste? This easy-to-live lifestyle has made us negate the implication of the crisis that we as a world are facing. These items of daily luxury are filling our landfills and water bodies with plastic. What can we do to reduce this?
- Shop Local
- Bring your own shopping bag
- Get containers for oil, butter, etc.
- Choose the minimalist approach
- Read and learn about the source of the products.
Step away from fast fashion
The fashion industry is booming irrespective of economic downfall. The mass production of clothing has made it cheaper and easily available. The ever-changing fashion trends and the easy availability of goods have inbred the culture of fast fashion. 3 of every fast fashion item ends up in landfills and 90% of the clothing items are not recycled. To add to it, textile workers face low wages, long work hours, and other forms of exploitation. There are few things you can do to lessen fast fashion pollution.
- Think twice before buying, buy only what you need.
- Reuse and recycle your clothing
- Be conscious that you purchase
- Try to buy from an eco-friendly and environment-conscious brand
- Do not buy because the fashion changes and there is something new in the market.
Try Liva Fashion for 100% natural fabric.
Make changes in daily living for planet Earth
From the toothbrush, you use to the plate that you have for your dinner, all of it causes pollution. Every straw that you used is still present on the earth’s surface. It is hard to comprehend the amount of pollution each one of is capable of on a daily basis. There are small changes you can bring to make a difference.
- Replace plastic toothbrush with a bamboo toothbrush
- Switch to an eco-friendly water bottle
- Carry your own go-to-coffee mug
- Switch to earthen, eco-friendly cutlery.
- Use Soaps and Shampoo bar to avoid packaging
- Switch to solar power (50%) at home and workplace
- Grow your herbs and basic veggies at home
- Reuse and recycle as much as possible
- Eat seasonal food
- Focus on sustainable products
A few changes along the way will bring a great impact on the health of the planet. Be responsible! Take a stand for the Earth today. Be an ambassador of environmental change in your community and society at large. Inspire others to take the eco-friendly road. Remember, we depend on the environment for life. This Earth day show you really care, share one difference you made for the mother earth!